Seabass in a salt crust
• 1 kg of JOZO sea salt extra coarse
• 1 egg
• Seabass weighing approx. 1 kg (whole fish, cleaned but with scales on)
• 3 sprigs of dill
• 3 sprigs of tarragon
• 3 sprigs of leaf parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Pour the sea salt into a large mixing bowl.
3. Separate the egg and add the white to the salt (set the yolk to one side). Mix the two ingredients well to form a moist salt mass.
4. Place the sprigs of dill, tarragon and parsley inside the seabass.
5. Cover a flat baking tray with two sheets of baking paper, and lay the seabass on top.
6. Cover the fish with the salt mixture. Mould the salt crust until it is around one cm thick. Press the edges of the salt against the sides of the fish. The head and end of the tail should remain uncovered.
7. Place the seabass in the oven preheated to 200°C. Cook for around 25 minutes for a 1 kg seabass.
8. Take the fish from the oven and break open the salt crust, for example with the handle of a kitchen knife. Carefully take the salt from the fish and remove the skin, without touching the flesh of the fish with the salt. Remove the fish from the bone with a spoon, and serve with a little olive oil and salt.
Serve with hand-cut chipped potatoes, seasoned for flavour with JOZO fine sea salt and vegetables.