Crostini with aubergine & mint
Side dish, serves 8
• JOZO Salt and Pepper Mix
• 1 aubergine
• 4 tbsp. olive oil
• 1/3 French loaf
• 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
• 1 clove of garlic
• 10 g mint
• 30 g pomegranate pips (Tip)
1. Cut the aubergine at an angle into 8-10 slices of between 3 and 5 mm thick.
2. Add a tablespoon of oil to a griddle pan at a high heat.
3. Grill the slices for around 3 minutes, turning regularly.
4. Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar in a bowl. Crush the clove of garlic and add to the mixture. Remove the leaves from the mint, and chop finely. Then add these to the dressing and stir well.
5. Place the sliced aubergine on a plate and sprinkle with the dressing.
6. Allow the griddle plan to become very hot. Cut the French loaf into slices and fry on the griddle pan.
7. Top each crostini with aubergine and sprinkle with a little JOZO Salt and Pepper mix.
8. Garnish with the pomegranate pips (Tip)