Salt baked pork fillet
Main coarse, serves 4, approx. 50 min.
• 1 kg of mixed root vegetables
• 2 yellow onions
• 2 large apples
• 600 grams pork fillet
• 1.5 teaspoon coarse black pepper
• 2 garlic cloves
• Butter to fry
• JOZO sea salt coarse
• 3 dl natural yogurt, about 12 percent fat (?)
• 1.5 dl chopped arugula
• 0.5 teaspoon liquid honey
• lemon juice
• JOZO Iodized extra fine salt
• Black pepper
Salt baked pork fillet with root vegetables, onions and apples
To make the whole dinner in one and the same form is a grateful way to cook a meal. Make sure that both root vegetables, onions and meat are surrounded with coarse salt, so they will get a nice salty taste.
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees. Wash the root vegetables carefully and cut a deep cross into them. Cut the onions in half. Pour a roughly 1 cm thick layer of coarse salt into the bottom of a large ovenproof form and spread onion and root vegetables along the edges. Press the garlic cloves and massage them into the meat. Season with black pepper.
2. Heat a frying pan with butter and brown the meat around on high heat until it has a fine color.
3. Put the meat in the oven form with the root vegetables. Set the form in the middle of the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
4. Stir together yogurt, arugula, honey and lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper.
5. Leave to stand in the refrigerator until serving.
6. Cut the apples into thick slices, put in the oven form with meat and root vegetables and bake for another 30-35 minutes until the meat is cooked and the roots are soft. The meat is ready when
7. It has an inner temperature of about 72 degrees Celsius, you can easily check it with the help of a digital kitchen thermometer. Cut the meat into slices and serve immediately with the arugula cream.