Grilled ‘Côte de boeuf’ with ‘chimichurri
Main course, serves 3 to 4, 30 mins.
For the chimichurri sauce
• 2 tomatoes
• 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
• 1 red onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 chilli pepper
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Red wine vinegar
1. Take the meat out of the fridge and leave it for about 1 hour to come to room temperature.
Pre-heat the oven to 160oC.
2. Rub the meat with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with JOZO 03 fine pure salt and pepper.
Brown the meat for a few minutes on both sides in a hot griddle pan.
3. Transfer the meat to a roasting tray, sprinkle with some chopped thyme and roast it in the oven until it is cooked to the medium stage (pink) about 30 mins depending on the thickness. Check whether the meat is cooked after 20 minutes. If you prefer your meat rare, you can cook it for about 20 minutes. Take the meat out of the oven and let it rest for about 5 mins before carving.
4. Meanwhile, make the chimichurri sauce. Quarter the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into cubes. Dice the onion and garlic and chop the flesh of the chilli (without seeds) finely. Chop the parsley finely.
5. Mix all the ingredients, including the oregano and ground cumin. Season with JOZO 03 fine salt, pepper and vinegar. Add enough olive oil to give a runny salsa. Serve the sauce with the ‘côte de boeuf’.
6. Just before serving, sprinkle the ‘côte de boeuf’ with some fresh thyme and JOZO 05 extra-coarse sea salt.
JOZO Pure salt fine (03) and JOZO Sea salt extra coarse (05)
Available in: 100g Mill, 500g Carton box, 600g Large shaker, 1kg Carton box and 1kg Paper bag