with tomato, rosemary and coarse salt Side dish, serves 6, 20 minutes
• 400 g white bread flour + extra for dusting
• 100 g fine semolina
• 300 ml lukewarm water
• 7 g dried yeast
• ½ tbsp sugar
• 2 medium-sized tomatoes
• 2 sprigs of rosemary
• 2 sprigs of thyme
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• JOZO 04 coarse iodised salt
• JOZO 03 fine iodised salt
You will also need:
1. Mix both types of flour together in a large bowl, together with a tablespoon of JOZO 03 fine pure salt and make a hollow in the middle. Sprinkle the fine salt on the edges and the yeast in the middle of the hollow. Pour the water into the hollow onto the yeast. Stir the mixture.
2. Dust a clean work surface with flour and tip the mixture onto it. Knead the dough for approx. 10 minutes.
3. Grease a large, clean mixing bowl with a little olive oil and place the dough in it. Dust with some more flour, cover with a clean tea-towel and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes, until approximately doubled in volume.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 220oC.
5. Knead the dough again and place it on a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper. Press it flat into the shape you want. Cover with a tea-towel and leave to rise for another 30 minutes or so.
6. Using your thumbs, press dimples into the bread and put the tomato slices on top. Sprinkle with rosemary, thyme and coarse salt. Drizzle well with olive oil and bake in the oven for approx. 20 minutes until golden brown.
7. Serve with olive oil or butter.