Chocolate mousse with salt flakes
Dessert, serves 4, 30 mins.
• JOZO 06 salt flakes
• Fresh rosemary
• 150 g dark chocolate
• 150 ml whipping cream
• 3 egg yolks
• 50 g caster sugar
• 3 egg whites
• 1 shot orange liqueur (e.g. Grand Marnier) – optional
1. Cut the chocolate into pieces, place it in a bowl over a pan of hot water (a bain-marie) and let it melt slowly (ensure that no drops of water get into the chocolate). Whip the cream until semi-stiff and place in the fridge.
2. Using a mixer, beat the egg yolks with half the sugar to form a light mixture. In a grease-free bowl, beat the egg whites with a mixer until stiff. While you are beating, add the rest of the sugar a bit at a time.
3. Mix the warm chocolate into the yolk mix and add the orange liqueur if used. Then slowly fold the whipped cream into the chocolate/yolk mixture.
4. Slowly fold in the beaten egg white to create a uniform, brown mousse.
Divide the mousse into bowls or glasses. You can eat the chocolate mousse immediately or put the bowls in the fridge. The mousse will stiffen to give a slightly firmer structure.
5. Remove from the fridge about 20 mins before serving. Sprinkle the mousse with JOZO 06 salt flakes and garnish with rosemary.
JOZO Gourmet salt flakes (06)
Available in: 250g Carton box